Haley Goodrich is a registered dietitian based in Pittsburgh.She is currently pursuing her Certified Eating Disorder Registered Dietitian (CEDRD) certification while also staying busy with her private practice, INSPIRD Nutrition, and serving as the co-founder of INSPIRD to SEEK, a community-based learning experience for nutrition entrepreneurs. She joins us on this episode to talk about Health At Every Size (HAES) – what it is, what it isn’t, and how it can help you cultivate a peaceful relationship with food and your body. We chat about what a non-diet dietitian is (because it can be a little confusing!) and do some myth-busting on what actually contributes to better health.
Stay tuned after the episode for more on body image and the thin ideal. We often have a lot of fear around gaining weight with intuitive eating – while this is only one piece of that, some fear often has something to do with letting go of the thin ideal and accepting that our body is meant to look unique to us. We’ll be tackling more on this complex topic in future episodes, so be sure to follow along for more during Season 1!
- Haley’s website for INSPIRD Nutrition
- @hgoodrichrd on Instagram
- More on HAES from the Health At Every Size Community
- The full study referenced in the episode on the absence of metabolic changes following the removal of fat cells and adipose tissue, published in the New England Journal of Medicine. Note: This is an example of a single study, so it does not necessarily represent consensus and does not prove correlation or causation. Be aware that the language of the literature may contain fat-phobic or fat-shaming phrases or messages.
- @LibreConnections on Instagram